As the sights and the smells of the season usher in the spirit of the holidays, it is the perfect time to bring Alternative Design into your life and let the colors and scents of the holidays come alive. Whether it is the smell of cinnamon, homemade pies, or the air after a fresh snow, the holidays are the perfect time to usher in new positive energy.
During the holidays and New Year, you can continue to balance warmth and prosperity the Shashona way. Below are some tips to set the scene and promote harmony and balance at your next holiday gathering of family and friends.
- Decorate your home with the colors of the season to create a festive atmosphere. Red is an essential color within the home and is associated with fire and warmth. But too much red can fill your guests with rage and cause burn out. To offset the effects of red, an earthy color such as green is needed.
- Green is the perfect balance to red in winter, helping to ground and diffuse the effects of fire. Green is also the color of prosperity. By decorating with green, you help usher in a prosperous holiday season for your guests.
- In hopes for a prosperous marriage and career, place a red and green scarf between your mattress and box spring for a happy holiday.
- As the saying goes, “out with the old and in with the new.” It is important to remove clutter from your home before the holidays. Once this is done, you are able to set up your tree or menorah in your prosperity area. Place lights around your display, as lights are an agent for new energy.
- Greet your guests before they enter the party by setting out a new doormat. This welcomesin new opportunities to come for everybody in the New Year.
- Hang a fresh holiday wreath on your entry door. Be sure to add a red bow or fruit to the wreath to help your guests feel warm and welcome. A wreath is the perfect shape for the door as it is round and denotes harmony.
- Place a bell behind your door, on the knob to help usher in new energy amd harmony.
- While cooking in the kitchen, do not wear a red or orange apron, as there is already enough fire energy present. Adding more red can make tempers flare, so try adding the colors of the season such as yellow, green or even fruit-colored or decorated aprons to balance the energy.
- Cleanse you kitchen. Not only will you have fresher utensils to prepare your favorite dishes, but you will be doing great cleansing. Copper balances fire energy that your stove puts out when you cook.
- Serve your meals with a table setting in accordance with the shape of your table. For instance, if you have a square table, set out round placements and vice versa. Also, add a centerpiece made of scents and natural elements, perhaps in a large wooden bowl filled with all the colors of the season. Great ideas include apples, pumpkins, and candles, as well as fresh evergreens and cinnamon sticks for a holiday scent.
- Infuse the air with smells of the season. Combine clove, cinnamon, allspice, dried orange peel, orrisroot and essential oil for an energy boosting potpourri. Place them in balls with ribbon, in cups or as stuffing for a pillow.
- If you have a fire place, place 9 small plants around the hearth to balance positive energy.