When you step into your bedroom do you see a cozy haven of sensuality and relaxation, or a place that looks like it was decorated by the Tasmanian devil? Maybe you need a little help from feng shui, the ancient Chinese art of arranging one’s surroundings to impact peace of mind, energy, and relationships.
Here are my tips to help you make your bedroom a nest of harmony and passion:
- Banish clutter. Not just the stuff you literally trip on, but the stuff your eye stumbles over, too. No paperwork, no computer.
- Remove family photographs – you don’t want to sleep with your family. Display photos of the two of you, or paintings or prints depicting two figures hand-in-hand or two birds in flight.
- Ignite passion by placing a red scarf between the mattress and box spring.
- Balance the room with two nightstands. They should be of equal height, to reflect your equal footing in the marriage.
- Dissipate stress and end bickering by placing or hanging a round mirror, which represents soothing water energy.